Out of Zone Applications
We have a waiting list available for any student who may wish to attend Pinehill School in the future. Contact the office for further details, [email protected].
Enrolment at Pinehill School is governed by an enrolment scheme. From time to time, the Board of Trustees may determine that there are a limited number of spaces available for out-of-zone students, and in this instance, they will hold a ballot. On this basis, a ballot is not guaranteed to take place every year.
The board will publish this information by notice in a community newspaper circulated in the area served by the school and will be available on the school website. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
- 1st Priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in an approved special programme – This priority category is not applicable at Pinehill School.
- 2nd Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- 3rd Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- 4th Priority will be given to applicants who are children of former students of the school.
- 5th Priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees and Board members.
- 6th Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applications in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Ministry of Education.
- Parents complete a ballot form (available from office or online) and hand in, or email, to the school office by the application closing date.
- On the ballot date, the ballot is drawn under the supervision of a Justice of the Peace, a practising lawyer, a sworn member of the Police or a local Government returning officer.
- The names are pulled out of the ballot and a waiting list is created if there are more names in the ballot than spaces available.
- Successful families are advised by email and asked to confirm acceptance in writing of the place offered.
- Unsuccessful families are advised by email and placed on a waiting list in the number they are drawn from the ballot.
- If successful families decline the space, the place is offered to the first/next family on the waiting list.
Ballot forms will be available from the school office, or by clicking here.